German Grenadier Walking with Ammo Can, 1941-45--single figure
Item Number: 25229
German Grenadier Walking with Ammo Can, 1941-45
The standard K98, the G43 semi-automatic rifle, and the MG34 and MG42 machine guns of a German infantry section used the 7.92mm x 57 Mauser cartridge. The cartridge was adopted by the German Military as early as 1903 and was the standard German service cartridge in both World Wars. The ammunition was normally shipped in sturdy wooden crates containing 1,500 rounds. Inside each crate were 5 cardboard “battle packs” with 300 rounds each. Although these cardboard boxes had linen straps to be carried over the shoulder, they were sized to drop into the standard metal ammunition boxes to protect the ammunition from wet weather. This soldier carries one of these metal ammunition cans to help supply ammunition to his section’s weapons.
released in DECEMBER 2023.