Finally finished this the other night:
Believe it or not, I purchased this kit in 1992. It's been boxed-up ever since. I decided to complete it so that I could gain some insight into Jenkins' use of monofilament as faux-bracing on his biplane models. Having finished this old model, I've got a better understanding of where he's coming from. The material is very easy to work with and can be tightened up with a hair-dryer. It's also nice and stout once it's in place. I believe that most collectors would rather that he use some type of wire, but that would be MUCH more expensive. Also, wire crimps when it's abused. This stuff has little if any "memory" to it, making it almost ideal for this type of application.