PERTH SHOW

13 replies to this topic

Post #1 Guest_Harrytheheid_*

Guest_Harrytheheid_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

We're all used to seeing photos from the London Toy Soldier Shows, but these aren't the only ones held in the UK.

I received an email from my brother this morning which I thought I'd share with the forum.

Turns out he attended the Annual IPMS Show at Perth, Scotland, last weekend and entered one huge display of his own stuff while he was at it.

Here's some photos of figures and busts in a range of scales;

IMG_0233.jpg

The Jake Hollman bust in the photo below is outstanding.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

And I particularly like this small vignette of a Black Watch section on patrol in Ulster during the 1970's.

IMG_0240.jpg

My brother happens to be an accomplished plastic scale modeler, and here's some snaps of his Show entry.

All 50 of the 1/72 scale models you see in these photos were done by him over the past 12 months or so.

His theme was "Scandinavian Defenders", so his aircraft are all in the liveries of Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway.

It's without a doubt one extremely impressive display.

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Post #2 Neil

Neil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,644 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:35 PM

Thank for sharing Harry , the seaplane my favourite
Neil

Post #3 valmy33

valmy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:52 PM

I like the scottish awards ;D. Some really good pieces, figures (Zeus for example) and planes.
Thank to share Harry.

" The war, it is the war of the men ; the peace, it is the war of the ideas. " - Victor Hugo

Post #4 Mark IV

Mark IV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:38 AM

Harry,

I particularly like the figures fighting in the ice water I would be proud to have that on display.

Mark

Post #5 Guest_Harrytheheid_*

Guest_Harrytheheid_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:58 AM

Harry,

I particularly like the figures fighting in the ice water I would be proud to have that on display.

Mark

Yeah, I liked that one too. Just can't figure out who they're supposed to be? Given the shape of the shields, they're not early Normans. I even wondered if they're from the Battle of Towton, 1461, which was apparently fought in the middle of a blizzard, but again, the shields don't fit.

Oh well, whatever, it's certainly a nice piece.

EDIT:- On second thoughts, they might just be Norsemen, or something pretty close.

The other one that immediately caught my eye was "Private Perry, 24th Foot, Chillianwallah" in the first photo.

Post #6 valmy33

valmy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:13 AM

Yeah, I liked that one too. Just can't figure out who they're supposed to be? Given the shape of the shields, they're not early Normans. I even wondered if they're from the Battle of Towton, 1461, which was apparently fought in the middle of a blizzard, but again, the shields don't fit.
Oh well, whatever, it's certainly a nice piece.

EDIT:- On second thoughts, they might just be Norsemen, or something pretty close.

The other one that immediately caught my eye was "Private Perry, 24th Foot, Chillianwallah" in the first photo.

They probably fight for a cooking recipe... I get off ;) )))

" The war, it is the war of the men ; the peace, it is the war of the ideas. " - Victor Hugo

Post #7 mitch

mitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,852 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:52 AM

I like the model shows. Folkstone is now regarded as the best show in the world. The model shows held the day after the toy soldier show in London draw bigger crowds

Great pictures

Mitch

The truth will set us free

Post #8 Firebat

Firebat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

Cool across the board, but I love that figure in the foreground of the first pic you posted.

Posted Image

Post #9 Guest_Harrytheheid_*

Guest_Harrytheheid_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:39 AM

They probably fight for a cooking recipe... I get off ;) )))

Only when it's a recipe required after catching a bit of snipe.

Post #10 valmy33

valmy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

Only when it's a recipe required after catching a bit of snipe.

Post #11 Guest_Harrytheheid_*

Guest_Harrytheheid_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:54 AM

Cool across the board, but I love that figure in the foreground of the first pic you posted.

:o  :o ....

Really? I do admit there are times when you continue to amaze me Alex. 

I thought you'd be ogling that WW2 American Para, which looks to be a plastic 1/6 scale figure....

:huh:  :huh:

On the other hand, the figure in the foreground is an 80mm representation of Zeus in white metal.

I replaced the lightning bolt with a "Mace of Power" and gave my example a lick of satin varnish in an attempt to simulate silk -- not convinced that worked, but oh well.

I'm not even sure the Gods of Olympus wore silk? Next time I'm chatting to one of them, I'll ask.

Meanwhile, here he is featured in a diorama from long, long, long ago.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

IMG_6488.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6498.jpg

Post #12 Firebat

Firebat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,040 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

Nice Harry !